Friday, August 1, 2008

Law & Theater


I just returned from Niagara on the Lake (NOTL) in Canada where I again enjoyed the amazing quality of theater provided by the Shaw Festival. I have said it before but the theater there and in Stratford Canada (the Shakespeare festival) are some of the best in North America.

All you Shaw fans out there might enjoy this fun video provided by the Shavians.

I would love to teach a class on Law and Theater - focusing on plays with legal themes. Some choices are obvious: Merchant of Venice, Inherit the Wind, Witness for the Prosecution, Saint Joan, A Man for All Seasons, the Winslow Boy...

Any other suggestions?

2 comments:

Kelly Joy said...

You must consider Antigone by Sophocles, you can really get conversation going with it!

Marie T. Reilly said...

My thought exactly, Antigone.